So Thanksgiving is just around the corner and you’re the host. Maybe it’s just dawning on you that in addition to the meal that you’d like to have an amazing looking table as well. Where do you even begin??
Don’t panic!! Putting together table decor is easier than you think
Step 1: Decide the color scheme you want to use:
There are lots of places that you can pull a color from:
- You can use the color of your dishes as a starting point. Are they colorful? Is there one color that you’d think would work well? Perhaps the dishes are a solid bright color and you want the rest of the table to be neutral. Or maybe the opposite is true and your dishes are neutral and you want to brighten up the rest of the table. Perhaps you want to go all color or all neutral.
- You can allow the color of your room to dictate your color scheme. For example if you have a jewel tone room you can take the metallic route. If your room is a bit more neutral a bold color would compliment it well.
Step 2: Decide the centerpiece look you want to achieve:
Here are a couple of ideas for the center of your table
- Placing a runner down the center of your table is an option.
- You could use a seasonal floral arrangement
- Mini pumpkins on a charger
- Myriads of ideas come to mind
Step 3: Table Arrangement:
- Some people prefer a buffet style dinner where all dishes and utensils have been stacked on a sideboard and each person retrieves a plate.
- Other prefer to set the table with chargers, plates, glasses and name tags.
However you decide to dress your table, make sure it reflects you but most importantly…Remember the reason behind the coming together of family and friends and stay in the thankful spirit.